The Fox & Hounds has closed temporarily, from 5th November to 2nd December 2020 in line with the new Government restrictions. We will reopen for food, drink and accommodation as soon as permitted and will adhere strictly to all government safety guidelines when we open. Therefore we will be operating table service only and will close at 10pm until directed otherwise.
The protection of our customers and staff from Covid-19 is paramount to us. We are putting in place at least the following measures and will increase these as necessary to fully comply with government instructions as a minimum:
- All our cleaning products meet BS EN 14476, the European standard that ensures they kill the virus, and all surfaces are cleaned regularly in accordance with government guidelines and between every guest use.
- All our staff are wearing the correct PPE, including facemasks.
- Cleaning stations are installed in key positions throughout the premises, and include alcohol-based hand sanitiser and are available to staff and customers free of charge.
- All reusable menus have been removed. Food and beverage choices are displayed on our blackboards only.
- The tables in our bar, restaurant and breakfast areas have been reduced and spread out to enable adequate social distancing.
- Food and drink can be consumed, via table service only, either inside or in our spacious beer garden.
- All guest rooms will be deep-cleaned between stays in accordance with the government guidelines.
We'd like all our guests, customers and staff to feel comfortable and enjoy visiting The Fox & Hounds. Rest assured we are taking every precaution to protect you from Covid-19.
We aim to welcome you to as safe an environment as possible, where you can enjoy the beauty of the North York Moors National Park free from worry.